Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Week of No Posts . . .

A week has gone by and I neglected to post. I am very sorry. It's not that I don't have many wonderful post ideas, it's just that I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that blogging seems secondary. Aside from writing that mystery YA project of mine, the theatre company I have been with for two years, Tempest Theatre, has started rehearsals on Romeo and Juliet. This time not only am I playing Lady Capulet, but I am also co-directing the production. And here's the thing about directing that I sometimes forget . . . you have to go to a lot of rehearsals. Nearly all of them, I would say. Still, it will definitely be worth the effort, the show is really coming together nicely!

Anyway, I do plan on being a better blogger this week, and here are some ideas I am mulling about writing topics on:

The Writer:

- On Editing
- So You Want to Get Published - from acquisition to book! (yes I am still keen to continue with this series, it just takes a lot of time and effort to write one of these posts . . .)

The Actress:

- On Getting Headshots
- On Putting Together a Show (this may be divided into smaller sub-sections - "Casting A Show", "Rehearsing", "The Technical Side", etc)
- The difference between Acting and Directing

So these are some posts I am keen on writing. Are there any other topics youse guys would be keen on reading? I always really do love hearing from you all and what you're interested in!

As ever, apologies for the bad week - I'll try to make this one a bit better!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone with a direct interest in writing, I would be more than happy with either Editing or continuing So You Want to Get Published - from acquisition to book! (or both!) - I enjoyed your previous posts on these so much I linked to them from my own blog!

Good luck with Romeo and Juliet, BTW.

DJ

J m mcdermott said...

I bite my thumb at all Capulets!

Viva la Montague!

Erin said...

Can't wait! They all sound like ver interesting topics.

Anonymous said...

Hi, being that I am a senior theater student, and college is almost over, i was wondering if you could possibly, write something about either grad school, or just what you did after college ended... cause i am at a complete loss of what my life is gonna be, and could really use some advice. Thanks!