Friday, June 27, 2008

New Ideas

And then something like this happens.

The writing world is a strange strange place. You're working on one book, and then you get an idea for another. And then you get a bit obsessed with that idea. Suddenly you find yourself spending hours at the library doing research on this idea, and hours at home writing pages on this idea . . .

The brain is a vast and mysterious place my friends.

All this to say, I'm sorry I've been MIA this week . . . but honestly, I'm pretty excited about all this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is almost a physical pain when I've got more ideas than I've got time or, worse, talent for. But it is fun to give them a go even in, perhaps especially in, the wee hours. Another writer's enthusiasm though is infectious--thanks for spreading the excitement bug.

Cate Gardner said...

I love it when that happens...