Thursday, December 20, 2007

Grr. . . I mean . . .ROAR!


So I have been awarded twice 'The Roar for Powerful Words Award' from The Shamless Lions Writing Circle. Once by Catherine J Gardner over at The Poisoned Apple, and once by LindaBudz over at Just Like A Nut.

First I want to say thank you so much to the both of you, it is a genuine honour. And next, as the rules dictate, but also because it is an awesome thing to do, I shall now award some fellow writers.

Drum roll please . . .


Holly Kennedy - not just because she is a fellow canuck, but because her blog has kept me sane on the craziest days. Holly is able to find humour in the most trying situations (namely being a professional writer while raising kids - some of the stories about her kids make you cry they are so funny), and shares what it is like to be a writer in a unique and profound way.

Miss Erin - there is nothing "only" about being a teenager. This fab blogger has not one, but two blogs, both based on her passions: books and acting. She posts regularly and with well observed and wise insights. She reviews everything, and also has regular guest bloggers. Truly an industry in and of herself!

Dawn Rotarangi - the sad news is this lovely blogger (and author) is bowing out of the blogosphere. The good news is you can still read her archived entries on her blog. This kiwi is down to earth, quirky and sweet. Learn all about her writing journey, also the tales of a day in the life (which include working at a gas station, breeding puppies, and working with calves. . . ).

Patricia Wood - author of the wonderful novel Lottery. What makes her blog special is not only her willingness to share every step of the way in her writing journey, but her incredible photographs (yes I know this is an award for writing, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words . . . ) that perfectly illustrate her posts. Part philosophical contemplation, part day in the life of - this blog is definitely worth checking out! (also for all the contests!)

Hick Chick - and another canuck, what can I say, I'm loyal. Hick Chick is unbelievably entertaining and draws quite a crowd to her blog. Her posts vary between observations on daily life, to her journey as a writer (okay so I know that's a common theme in my list . . .). What makes her unique is her wry humour and her virtual parties! (make sure you go to her post on Hallowe'en, you'd be hard pressed to find a better Jack Sparrow than Johnny Depp himself).





5 comments:

Heidi the Hick said...

Oh thank you! What a great crowd to be a part of!!!

(I'll give it some thought and dish it out on Monday...after the imaginary party has worn off...!)





Word verification: "onourhat" What's on our hat??? Why don't we all get out own hats???? I'm so confused...

Dawn said...

(clears throat nervously)

Unaccustomed as I am, ....

Seriously, Adrienne, thank you so much. Like Heide, I shall give it some thought and pass the honour on.

By the way, I'm not going to completely close up shop. I get to much pleasure out of seeing regular faces pop up that in the end, I decided not to. I'll probably blog on a monthly basis and hopefully people get to know and only visit then.

Nice catching up again.

Erin said...

Thank you Adrienne!! Your words mean a lot to me. *much blushing*

ORION said...

Yeah Adrienne! Thanks -
and you have a wonderful holiday...
Melekalikimaka to you and yours

Holly Kennedy said...

Thanks, Adrienne.
You truly are a sweetheart.
All the best in 2008.(

(I will -- eventually -- get around to contacting you re: YA, but it probably won't be for a while. Waaaaay too much on the go at my end already and I'm clearly not very good at juggling.)