Wednesday, July 18, 2007

8 More Things You Didn't Know About Me

I've been tagged again over at Karen L. Alaniz's blog !

And since I am oh so fascinating I thought I might as well share yet 8 more interesting things you may or may not have known about me.

1. I wear odd coloured socks. I have since I was ten. My mom would buy me socks with the same pattern but different colours so I could mix and match. Then I just got lazy and would wear any sock with any other sock. If I wear matching socks now, it feels wrong.

2. I want to be in a Peter Jackson movie sooooooooooooooo much! (Dawn might already know that one)

3. For some reason I always felt a close connection with Jim Henson, like he was an uncle or something. When he died (I was 9), my friends cut out news clippings and gave them to me because they knew how sad I was.

4. On that note, Kermit is my ideal man (that and Hugh Jackman). Sensitive, but still a leader. Also very smart and creative. And a fabulous dancer. Actually I guess the same could be said of Hugh Jackman. OMG, Hugh Jackman is the human non-puppet Kermit!!





5. On that note note: When I was little I thought Loretta Swift (Hot Lips from MASH) and Miss Piggy were the same person.

6. I have just finished watching season 2 of Battlestar Gallactica and am suffering withdrawal symptoms now . . . must . . . see . . . season . . . three . . .

7. I'm pretty good with Photoshop.

8. If a big spider or something makes a home for itself right outside my door or window or something so that I can't really kill it because technically it's in nature and it would be wrong, I give it a name to pretend it is a pet, say hi to it when I pass it, and any fear of it I may have had goes away. Try it, it works!

6 comments:

David L. McAfee said...

That is so funny about Kermit. :-)

I do a Kermit impression and it's purty good, if I do say so myself. I used to get sent to the office all the time for doing it in class. The teacher would call on me to answer a question, say, the capital of North Dakota, and I'd say - in Kermit's Voice - something like "Frogtown," or "Fliesmarck." (Fliesmark was especially good, I thought, since the capital of North Dakota is, in fact, Bismarck, but I am off on a tanget again so I'll stop now).

Doing it in the principle's office usually made it worse.

Oh, did I mention I was the class clown? ;-)

Love the spider tip. I never kill them, even in the house. I always catch 'em and put them outside.

Dawn said...

And I would love to be the one to put you in a Peter Jackson movie!

Hi Peter, I have this story, it's set in NZ and everyone says it would make a wonderful movie and I also know this wonderful actress, Adrienne Kress, and she's in Canada and I'm sure if we made her the star -what? Well, I know Saffron Delaney is a blonde. I wrote the damn thing! But Adrienne could wear a wig. Really she could. She'll look faublous in a blonde wig.

Peter? Peter?

Adrienne said...

david - yes but did you burst into a rendition "Oh what a beautiful morning" a la Hugh Jackman? I feel bad killing spiders too. Naming them only works if they've set up shop outside, otherwise ya gots to get them out of the house.

dawn - sigh well, at least you tried. . . we'll come up with a better game plan next time!

David L. McAfee said...

Nope, can't say I did. However, I did burst into an acapella rendition of Jailhouse Rock in detention one day.

By the time I hit the chorus, I already had another week.

Durn no fun Miss Hager.

Travis Erwin said...

I'm wiht you on the socks. My personal motto is matching is overrated.

Also my family names the spiders on the front porch as well.

Adrienne said...

travis - thank you! You make me feel normal. Which feels weird.